April 8, 2016
The information in this article applies to:
How Do I connect three staircases with a T-shaped landing?
A staircase that shares a landing with two additional staircases can be created using Home Designer. The result is a T-shaped staircase configuration. The procedure is described in this article.
When constructing this T-shaped landing, you cannot build three staircases and click at the intersection to create the common landing.
To create a T-shaped landing
- Select Build> Stairs> Straight Stairs , and then click and drag in floor plan view to build the first section of the staircase.
- Use the same tool to build a second staircase that will share the landing.
- This staircase should be perpendicular to the first staircase with the corners touching. (The resulting configuration is L-shaped.)
- Click the space between the two staircases. A landing will be created. At this point, two staircases in an L-shape design connect and share a landing.
- Start at and drag away from the landing while drawing in the third stair segment.
- The staircase will not begin at the same elevation as the landing if this step is not completed as directed.
- Finally, position the third staircase to precisely intersect with the landing.
Note: If the third staircase does not begin at the same elevation as landing, adjust the alignment until it does. In this manner, a T-shaped landing can be created that will join three staircases.
The same process works to create two stairways that join together at a landing and meet up with a single staircase continuing upwards.