July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to draw two staircases and connect them with a landing. How do I accomplish this?
The Stair tools allow you to easily connect two stair segments to join them with a landing. In this article we will demonstrate how to do this.
To create a landing using the Straight Stairs tool
- Open a plan in which you would like to create a staircase with a landing.
- Select Build> Stairs> Straight Stairs fromthe menu, then click and drag to create the first section of the stairs.
- Release the mouse button at the approximate location where you would like this stair section to join the landing.
- With the Straight Stairs tool still selected, click and drag to create the second, higher stair section.
- Begin at the approximate location where this stair section will meet the landing.
- Be sure to draw the second staircase away from the first staircase.
- With the Straight Stairs toolstill active, place your cursor in the area between the end of the first landing and the beginning of the second and click once.
- The program will create a landing between the two stair sections at a logical height and will make slight adjustments to the stair locations, if needed, to produce a finished result.
Stairs do not need to be drawn at right angles to create a landing between them. You can also create a U-shaped landing using this procedure.
To create a U shaped staircase
- Select Build> Stairs> Straight Stairs and,starting at the low point of the stairs, drag them up.
- Next, draw your second, perpendicular stair section beside it, starting at the top, and drawing towards the bottom of your screen.
Note that the Up indicators show which direction the staircase is going.
- Click at the top where the two stairs meet to create a landing connecting them both.
- Now you have a single U-shaped staircase, with both sections connected in a landing.
- Take a 3D Camera view to see the results.