July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
How do I change the type, number, thickness, spacing and depth of the shelves inside of my cabinets?
You can specify shelving in a cabinet and control shelf attributes such as number, depth, spacing and thickness from the Front panel of the cabinet's specification dialog.
To edit shelves inside cabinets
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the cabinet you want to change, and then click on the Open Object edit tool to open the Cabinet Specification dialog.
- Select the Front panel of the Cabinet Specification dialog and then click once on the drawer that is displayed in the preview of the cabinet.
Notice that the area in which you clicked becomes highlighted.
- You can click the Delete button to completely delete this drawer, so that now the door takes up the entirety of your cabinet front.
- Now, click on the door within the preview image so it highlights much like the drawer did in the image above.
If you do not want a door at all, but just an open area with shelves, change the Item Type to an Opening.
If you do want a door on your cabinet, but want to change the door style, click on the Library button located to the right of Door Style on the Door/Drawer panel of the dialog.
- With the door front selected, click the Specify button next to Shelves on the Front panel.
Notice that the shelves are numbered and there is a pointer for the Front of the cabinet for easy identification.
- Select the Manual radio button to specify cabinet shelving for the selected door or opening.
- The shelf type, thickness, spacing, and depth can be specified on a per shelf basis or for all shelves at once.
To determine which, select the shelf number or All Shelves from the Shelf drop down list.
- Specify the shelf Type from the drop down list.
- Enter a shelf Thickness in fractions or decimals.
- Changing the Spacing From Previous removes the check from the Equal Spacing box.
- You can select Full, Half or Specify the shelf Depth manually.
Pressing the Tab key on your keyboard will update the preview image once a change has been made.
- Once you have finished editing your cabinet shelves, click OK to close the dialog and return to the Base Cabinet Specification dialog.
- After you have completed editing any other desired features of your cabinet such as its Materials, click OK to apply the changes and close the Base Cabinet Specification dialog.
- To see the results, select 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera from the menu and click and drag a camera directed at the cabinet.