June 22, 2017
The information in this article applies to:
I want to have a 9 foot closet, in my 12 foot entry, but I can't get the ceiling to look right over the closet.
Creating a room which is not full height in a larger room with a cathedral or vaulted ceiling can be accomplished using the shelf ceiling setting within a rooms specification dialog.
To create a plant shelf closet
- Select Build> Wall> Straight Interior Wall and click and drag to place walls for the closet.
- Once drawn, use the Select Objects tool to select the room then click the Open Object edit button.
- Click on the Structure panel, check the Shelf Ceiling box under the Ceiling category, and set the Finished Ceiling (F) under the Relative Heights category to be a lower value.
In this example, 96" is used.
To place a door in the closet
- Select Build> Door> Hinged Door , and click and place a door into the closet wall.
- Select the door and click the Open Object edit tool to display the Door Specification dialog.
- On the General panel, select a Door Style and Door Type.
In this example, a Louvered door style is used and the type is set to Bifold.
- Set the Width and Height of the door to the desired size.
In this example, the width is set to 50" and the height is set to 80".
- Select the Hardware panel, and specify a door handle or knob if desired.
- Click OK to close the dialog and take a 3D Full Camera view to see the result.