May 22, 2019
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to create a half-wall with a specific height without it affecting the ceiling height of the room I place it in. Is this possible?
Use the Half-Wall tools to create half-walls in your plan, and then adjust their heights by accessing their specification dialogs.
To create a half height wall
- Select Build> Wall> Straight Half-Wall or Build> Wall> Curved Half-Wall , then click and drag to create a half-wall.
Note: Half-Wall tools are not available in Home Designer Essentials.
- Once placed, use the Select Objects tool to select the newly created half-wall and click on the Open Object edit tool.
- On the Newels/Balusters panel of the Railing Specification dialog that opens, set the Height to your liking.
- Next, select the Materials panel and set your desired materials for the Interior and Exterior Wall Surface components.
- Click OK to apply these changes and generate a Camera view to see the results.
You can also place half-wall railings inside of doorways. To learn how, please access the "Placing a Railing in a Doorway" resource located in the Related Articles