The information in this article applies to:
Whenever I try to access the internet through Chief Architect I get the following error message:
"Cannot connect to the Internet. Make sure you have a default Internet browser installed and that you are able to access the Internet through it."
I've verified that I am able to access the internet. What is going on?
This Warning dialog displays when you have Windows 8, running Chief Architect as an Administrator, and you have Google Chrome (or an old version of Mozilla Firefox) as your default web browser.
To resolve this issue you can do one of the following:
- Choose to not run Chief Architect as Administrator.
- Change your default web browser.
- If running Firefox, update it to the newest version.
To disable run as administrator for Chief Architect in Windows 8
- Chief Architect is not set up to run as administrator by default when you first install it.
However, if you have set it up to run as administrator by default, you can switch that setting off by right clicking on the Chief Architect icon and choosing Open File Location.
- Once in the file location, right-click on the Chief Architect icon again and go to Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and remove the check mark from Run this program as an administrator.
To set Internet Explorer as your default web browser, please visit This Page from Microsoft.
To set Mozilla Firefox as your default web browser, please visit This Page from Mozilla.
If you need to update Firefox to the latest version, please visit This Page from Mozilla.