July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
My plan did show room labels - living, kitchen and bath were all visible. Now the labels are gone; how do I get them back?
There are a three reasons why room labels might not display in a plan.
- A Room Type hasn't been specified.
- Their display has been turned off.
- They have been deleted.
To create room labels
Open the plan in which you would like to use room labels.
- Using the Select Objects button, click in a room to select it, then select the Open Object edit button.
- In the Room Specification dialog, on the General panel:
- Select a Room Type from the drop down menu.
- Make sure that Show Room Label is checked.
- Click OK.
- The selected room type will now display in a label in floor plan view.
To turn on or off the display of room labels
- From the menu, select Tools> Display Options .
- In the Layer Display Options dialog:
- Locate the Room Labels layer and click to place a check in the Disp column for this layer.
- If you wish, you can also include the Interior Area, Interior Dimensions or the Standard Area of the room in its label.
- Click OK to close the dialog and make your changes.
To restore deleted room labels
- Using the Select Objects tool, click in a room to select it, then click the Open Object edit button.
- In the Room Specification dialog, confirm that the correct Room Type is selected and click OK.
The room label will display in floor plan view again.