August 19, 2021
The information in this article applies to:
When attempting to print a plan, I receive the following message:
"The selected page size is not supported. Please set the printer page size to _ inches or smaller."
What does this warning mean, and how can I print to a larger size?
This error message will appear any time you attempt to print to a paper size larger than what your particular Home Designer version supports.
To resolve this issue, you have two different options:
- Select File> Print> Print from the menu.
Under the Paper heading, use the Size drop-down menu to resize your print job to a supported size.
Upgrade your Home Designer license to a version that is designed to print to a larger size.
Starting with Home Designer 2021, Home Designer Suite, Architectural, and Pro can print to any size.
Print size limitations for legacy and discontinued versions
- Home Designer Essentials (Discontinued): Legal - 8 ½" x 14"
- Home Designer Interiors (Discontinued): ARCH B - 12" x 18"
- Home Designer Suite 2020 and prior versions: ARCH B - 12" x 18"
- Home Designer Architectural 2020 and prior versions: ARCH B - 12" x 18"
- Home Designer Pro 2020 and prior versions: ARCH C - 18" x 24"