April 1, 2016
The information in this article applies to:
I want to create a simple belly band, mid-section trim, or circumferential siding trim around a structure that I am designing. How do I do that?
Creating a simple belly band is easy using the Wall Covering panel in the Exterior Room Specification dialog.
To create a basic Wall Covering belly band
- First, launch Home Designer, then Open the plan in which you want to create the belly band.
- Using the Select Objects tool, click just outside an exterior wall to select the Exterior room of the house.
- When the exterior room is selected, a highlighted band around the plan's exterior displays, and this band represents the selection area for the Exterior Room.
- Click on the Open Object edit tool to display the Exterior Room's Room Specification dialog and select the Wall Covering panel.
- Click the Add New button to display the Select Material dialog.
- Click the arrow sign next to Home Designer Core Catalogs and then once more on Materials.
- Locate and click to select the material that you want to use for your belly band.
- Click OK to close the Select Material dialog and Click OK to close the Room Specification Dialog to apply the chosen material as a wall covering.
- Set the Top to Ceiling, Width, and Floor to Bottom values that you want for your belly band.
- Once you have finished entering in these values, click OK to apply the wall covering.
- Finally, take a 3D Camera view to see the results.