August 7, 2019
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to add a screened-in porch to my plan. How can I do this?
Screened panels can be created by applying a custom material to the glass in a window and then using copies of this window to form a porch.
To create a screen porch
- Select Build> Window> Window and place a window into one of the walls of your porch.
- Select 3D> Create Camera View> Elevation and take an elevation of the screen porch wall.
If you have Home Designer Interiors, you can use the Full Camera tool instead.
- In the new camera view, select your window and using the Move edit handles:
- Adjust the top height of the window to match the top of your wall
- Adjust the bottom height of the window to the height where you want the bottom of your screen to start.
- When you are satisfied with the appearance of the window, select File> Close View to close the camera view and return to floor plan view.
- In floor plan view, click on your window to select it and click the Open Object edit button.
- In the Window Specification dialog that displays:
- On the General panel, change the Window Type to Fixed Glass.
- On the Lites panel, set the Lites Across and Lites Vertical to 1.
- On the Materials panel, select the Glass component and click the Select Materials button.
- In the Select Material dialog, navigate to to Materials> Fabric & Wall Coverings> Sheers & Shades> Screen> Screen, and then click OK.
- Click OK in the Window Specification dialog to close this dialog and apply your changes.
- To create a second screen panel, click on the window to select it, click the Copy/Paste edit button, and click once on an empty area of a wall to create a copy of this customized window.
- In either floor plan view or a 3D view, use the edit handles to adjust your windows' sizes as needed.
- To join or mull two screen windows in a corner, select one of the windows:
- Hold down the Ctrl/Command key on your keyboard, and move the window into the corner of the porch as far as it will go.
- Repeat this for the other window and in 2D view it should look like the windows are joined.
- Take a Camera view to see your screen porch.