The information in this article applies to:
I would like to apply multiple materials to the walls in my plan, such as different paint colors, wallpaper, or wallpaper borders. What are my options?
There are a number of options for applying wallpaper. It can be quickly applied to all walls in a room, to individual walls, and to horizontal sections of either an individual wall or an entire room.
In this example, we will apply wallpaper in these three different manners; however, you can also use the same steps to apply different paint colors, wainscoting, bead board or any other material to the walls in your plan.
To add wallpaper to an entire room
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the Room, then click on the Open Object edit button to display the Room Specification dialog.
- On the Materials panel, click on the word Walls in the list on the left, then click the Library Material button.
- In the Select Library Object dialog, browse and select a material that suits your needs then click OK to close the both the Select Library Object and Room Specification dialogs and apply the selected material.
Another way to quickly apply a wallpaper or other material to the walls of a room is to use the Material Painter in a camera view of that room.
To apply a horizontal section of wallpaper
- Use the Select Objects tool to click inside of the room to select it, then click on the Open Object edit button to display the Room Specification dialog.
- On the Wall Covering panel, click the Add New button to open the Select Library Object dialog.
- Browse the Materials library category and select a material to use as wallpaper, then click OK to close the Select Library Object dialog and return to the Room Specification dialog.
- Specify the Top To Ceiling, Height and Floor to Bottom heights of the horizontal section that you would like to apply wallpaper to.
- Begin with the Height value, then press the Tab key on your keyboard to update the dialog without closing it.
- Next, specify either the Top to Ceiling or Floor to Bottom value - depending on which is the easiest for you to figure - and press the Tab key. The remaining value will update automatically.
- You can select additional wall coverings by clicking the Add New button and repeating steps 3 and 4, above.
- Place different wall coverings at different heights so that they will all be visible and not cover one another.
- To delete a wall covering, select it from the Wall Covering drop-down list, then click the Delete button.
- To replace a wall covering, select it from the drop-down list and click the Replace button. In older versions choose the Select button.
- When you are satisfied with your wall covering selections, click OK to close the dialog and apply your changes.
- Select 3D> Create Camera View> Full Camera and click and drag in the room to view the new wall coverings.
To apply wallpaper to an individual wall
- Use the Select Objects tool to select the individual wall you want to change, then select the Open Object edit button to display the Wall Specification dialog.
- On the Materials panel, click on the words Interior Wall Surface in the list on the left side, then click the Library Material button.
- In the Select Library Objects dialog, browse and select a material that suits your needs then click OK to close the both the Select Library Object and Wall Specification dialogs and apply the selected material.
To apply horizontal sections of wall paper to a single wall
The method for applying horizontal sections of wallpaper to an individual wall is very similar to that for applying them to a room.
Instead of using the Wall Coverings tab of the Room Specification dialog, double-click on the wall in question and use the Wall Coverings tab of the Wall Specification dialog.