July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
How do I send a picture of my plan to someone who does not have Home Designer installed?
You can export images from Home Designer in a way that anyone can open.
To export an image and email it
- First, create a folder on the desktop and give it a unique name. This is where we will be saving the image file.
- Next, launch Home Designer and chose to Open theplan file.
- Select 3D> Create Camera View> Full Camera ,then click and drag to create a view of the interior, or exterior, of the structure that you want to send.
- In Home Designer Pro, select 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera .
- Once the view is created, select 3D> Final View or 3D> Final View with Shadows .
- Once the view has completed generating, click File> Export> Picture (.bmp, .jpg, .png).
- In the Save In dialog, click the drop down menu and select the new folder we created on the Desktop earlier (it will be toward the bottom of listed folders).
- In the Save as Type dialog, click the drop down menu and choose JPEG Files (*.jpg)
- In the File Name dialog, give the image a descriptive name and click Save.
- Repeat steps one through six for each view, such as your floor plan view, other cameras, overviews, cross section/elevations, etc. you wish to save to file and give each a unique name.
- Once you have finished creating and exporting all of the images that you want to send, start your e-mail, open a new e-mail, and address it to the desired party.
- Either compress the folder so that all of the files are included in a single zipped folder, or attach each of the saved files to the e-mail and send it.