I am trying to import an AutoCAD file, such as a DWG file, but when I do, there is missing information. What can I do?
There are a number of reasons why a DWG or DXF file may not import as expected, such as version compatibility issues, content that is located in model space vs paper space, external referenced files, and more.
Confirm that your version of Chief Architect or Home Designer can import files from the version of AutoCAD used to create the DWG/DXF file you want to import. Below lists the late
- Chief Architect X14 and Home Designer 2023 can import files compatible with AutoCAD 2022 and prior.
- Chief Architect X13 and Home Designer 2022 can import files compatible with AutoCAD 2021 and prior.
- Chief Architect X12 and Home Designer 2021 can import files compatible with AutoCAD 2020 and prior.
- Chief Architect X11 and Home Designer 2020 can import files compatible with AutoCAD 2017 and prior.
- Chief Architect X10 and Home Designer 2019 can import files compatible with AutoCAD 2017 and prior.
You can find out what AutoCAD versions your version of Chief Architect or Home Designer can import by referring to the information provided in the Chief Architect/Home Designer Help.
Model Space vs Paper Space
- Only items in AutoCAD's Model Space are imported into the current view in Chief Architect and Home Designer.
- In Chief Architect Premier and Interiors, items on the first page of Paper Space are imported as a CAD block and will be listed in the CAD Block Management dialog, which can be accessed by navigating to CAD> CAD Block Management . Entities drawn on subsequent pages of Paper Space are not recognized.
- In Home Designer Pro and Architectural, entities that are drawn in Paper Space are not recognized.
External References (xrefs) and Externally Referenced Data
If a DWG/DXF is referencing other files or external data, the file may fail to import and may produce a Teigha error message. DWG/DXF files that reference other files or external data are not supported.
Unsupported Formats and Entities
ACIS Solids and other entities and formats generated by AutoCAD extensions are not imported.
Native AutoCAD hatch entities aren't supported with Chief Architect products. However, you can still attempt to import hatch entities as solid-filled polylines. If you attempt to import hatch entities and you receive an error message, please disable the "Import Hatch Entities" checkbox during the import process.
A list of entities that are supported in your version of Chief Architect can be found in the Importing & Exporting chapter of your program's Reference Manual.
If you receive a Teigha error when attempting to import a DWG/DXF file, it's possible that one of the following is the cause:
- An incompatible file version or format. When this occurs, you may see additional wording that states "Invalid File Version". Save/export the DWG/DXF file in a format that is compatible with your Chief Architect/Home Designer version. Please refer to the Version Compatibility list above.
- Incompatible content. Please refer to the various sections above to determine what incompatible content may be contained within the file.
- The file is open in another program. Close the DWG/DXF if it's open in another program, such as AutoCAD, then re-attempt the import process.
- Certain blocked entities. If there is blocked content within the file, please explode all of the entities before importing the file into Chief Architect/Home Designer.
- An abnormally large amount of content. Remove any unnecessary content before importing the file into Chief Architect/Home Designer.
If you continue to experience issues importing a DWG/DXF file, please send the file to Chief Architect Technical Support via the Technical Support Center.