July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
How do I send my floor plan to someone who does not have a Home Designer software product installed?
You may find that the best method for sending a floor plan to someone without the Home Designer program is to send them an image file.
To create an image of your floor plan in Home Designer
- First, create a folder on the Desktop of your computer, and give it a unique name.
- Next, launch Home Designer and choose to Open the plan.
- Make sure that you are zoomed in on the area you want to export.
You can also export 3D camera views of your plan see Article 110: Exporting a Picture File, linked in the Related Articles section at the bottom of this page.
- If you want to export the whole structure, consider using Window> Fill Window or Fill Window Building Only .
- Once you have the view that you want to export up, select File> Export> Picture (.BMP, .JPG, .PNG) .
- In the Export Picture File dialog, change the destination to the folder on your Desktop.
- In the File Name field, give your image a descriptive name and click on the Save button.
- Repeat steps one through six for each view you wish to save to file and give each a unique name.
- Open a new email and address it to the desired party.
- Attach each of the saved files to the email and send.