March 31, 2016
The information in this article applies to:
When I place a base cabinet in my plan, it has a drawer on top and a door on the bottom. How can I create a bank of drawers instead?
You can easily create a bank of drawers in a base cabinet, full height cabinet, or even in a wall cabinet.
To create a bank of drawers
- Select Build> Cabinet> Base Cabinet fromthe menu, then click in your plan to place a base cabinet at that location.
- Click the Select Objects button,then click on the cabinet to select it and click the Open Object edit button.
- On the General panel of the Base Cabinet Specification dialog, specify the desired Height, Width and Depth of the cabinet.
In this example, the Width is changed to 15".
- On the Front panel of the dialog:
- Click on the door in the preview image of the cabinet on the right side of the dialog, click the Item Type drop down arrow and select Drawer from the list.
The preview updates to reflect your change.
- Specify the desired Item Height for the top drawer in the bank.
- Click on the empty space beneath the second drawer and repeat the process, until the entire cabinet front is filled with drawers.
- When you are satisfied with your cabinet, click OK to close the dialog and apply your changes.
- Select 3D> Create Camera View> Full Camera from the menu, then click and drag a camera arrow towards your cabinet to see the results.
If you plan to use more than one bank of drawers in your plan, customize one as desired, then use the Copy/Paste edit button to quickly make as many copies of it as you need.
You can combine any of the options in the Item Type drop-down list.
The full height cabinet in the image above, for example, has:
- A 24" high Double Door on top
- A 24" high Shelves item beneath the Double-Door
- A 6" high Drawer
- A 9 1/2" high Drawer and
- A 10 1/4" high Drawer