July 14, 2021
The information in this article applies to:
How can I create a french door?
A french door can be easily created using the Door Tools.
To create a French Door
- Open the plan in which you would like to create a French door.
- Select Build> Door> Hinged Door from the menu and click on a wall to place a standard door at that location.
- Click the Select Objects tool, then click on the door to select it and click the Open Object edit button.
- In the Exterior Door Specification dialog:
- On the General panel, click the Door Style drop-down arrow and select Glass Panel from the list.
- Under Panel Frame Options, change the Bottom value to 4"
Double the Width of the door in the Door Specification dialog to automatically create a double french door at this location.
- On the Lites panel, change the Lites Across value to 3 and Lites Vertical to 5.
- Click OK to close the dialog and apply your changes.
- Finally, take a 3D Full Camera view of the door to view the results.