The information in this article applies to:
I have Home Designer Pro and I want to be able to have two different door styles on my cabinets. How can I do this?
Beginning with Home Designer Pro 2014, you have the capability of assigning multiple door and drawer styles to a single cabinet. For this tutorial, a Full Height Cabinet is used. To create a full height cabinet click Build> Cabinet> Full Height Cabinet and click in the plan to place it.
Note: If you have Home Designer Pro 2012 or previous, please see Article 1216:
Modifying a Cabinet to Have Two Different Door Styles linked in the Related Articles
To modify height and width of the cabinet
- Use the Select Objects tool to select the cabinet and click the Open Object edit button to display the Full Height Cabinet Specification dialog.
- On the General panel, specify the Height, Width, Depth and Floor to Bottom values for your cabinet.
- For the purposes of this example we have adjusted the Height to 105" and the Width to 30".
Doors, drawers, appliances, openings and other features can be added to the cabinet using the Front panel.
To add sections to the cabinet
- On the Front panel of the Full Height Cabinet Specification dialog click Add New to add additional sections to our cabinet.
- In the New Cabinet Face Item dialog, set the Item Type and the Item Height and press OK.
- In this example we have added one 19 1/2" double door and two 6" drawers.
- Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to re-order the sections as necessary.
Note: To ensure that Face Item heights always equal the total cabinet front height, the program automatically adjusts the bottom Face Item as changes are made elsewhere. This means you should start editing Face Items at the top and work down.
Next we will add multiple door and drawer styles in a single cabinet.
To modify individual sections to have different door styles
- Click on the Face Item we want to modify to select it and then click the Library button.
- You will get the following Information message:
Click OK on this message to open the Select Library Object dialog where you can choose your door/drawer style.
- In this example we used the Divided Glass Arch for the top section, Recessed Panel Arch for the middle set of Doors and Recessed Panel for both drawers and the lowest set of doors in the cabinet.
Finally, you can add moldings to further customize your cabinet.
To add a molding
- On the Moldings panel click Add New to open the Select Library Object dialog.
- Navigate to Chief Architect Core Catalogs> Architectural> Molding> Crown Molding and choose your preferred molding for the cabinet and click OK.
- Specify the Height, Width and Vertical Offset as necessary, then click OK.
- In this example we used CM-01 with Height 3", Width 3" and a Vertical Offset of -2 1/2" From Top.
- To view your cabinet navigate to 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera , then click and drag to create the image.