July 21, 2021
The information in this article applies to:
How can I adjust my Fencing so that it is no longer the default white picket fence style?
Modifying the Fencing is easy to accomplish is Home Designer by applying Fencing Panels.
To creating fencing
- In floor plan view, select Build> Fencing> Straight Fencing , and then click and drag to create a segment of fence.
- Next, using the Select Objects tool, select your newly placed fence, and click on the Open Object edit tool.
- On the Newels/Balusters panel, under Panels, click on the Library button to display the Select Library Object dialog.
- Navigate to an appropriate fencing style, select it, and click on the OK button to see it displayed as a preview in the dialog.
For the purposes of this example, we used the Basket Weave fence style from the library content.
- Specify a Railing Height, Newels/Posts Height, Offset, and the Spacing, then click OK.
- Finally, take a 3D Camera view to see the results.
To place a gate
- To place a gate in your fence, select Library Browser .
- Navigate to Home Designer Core Catalogs> Architectural> Fences & Railings> Gates.
- Select an appropriate gate, and click to place it in the fencing.
- You can then select the Gate and click on the Open Object edit button to make changes to its Width, Hardware, Materials, etc.