The information in this article appliesto:
How can I turn off the display of the attic walls that the program automatically generates so that I don't see them in my floor plan views?
In Home Designer, walls are built between the floor and ceiling platforms of the current floor. When the program detects an open space between a wall that defines a living area and the roof plane above it, it automatically creates an attic wall on the floor above that wall to fill in the gap.
- Attic Walls are typically found above full gable walls, forming a gable or closing the top portion of a side wall beneath a shed roof.
- Attic Walls are often found on the Attic floor (Floor A), but can be generated on other floors as well.
To turn off the display of attic walls in floor plan
- First, launch Home Designer and Open the plan in which you would like to turn off the display of attic walls.
- With your 2D floor plan view active, select Tools> Display Options from the menu.
- In the Display Options dialog, scroll down to the "Walls, Attic" layer, remove the check mark in the Disp column, then click OK.
- Now, automatically generated attic walls will no longer display in your floor plan view, yet will still fill in the gaps between your full gable walls and roof planes in 3D Camera views.