The information in this article appliesto:
I would like to create a bay, box, or bow window with a bench seat. How can I create this in Home Designer?
Once bay, box, or bow windows are placed, they can be opened to specification and set to have a raised floor platform and/or a lowered ceiling.
To raise the floor or lower the ceiling for a bay, box, or bow window
- From the menu, select Build> Window and select the Bay Window , Box Window , or Bow Window tool.
- With the desired tool selected, click on a wall to place the window.
Individual component windows that are part of a bay, box, or bow window can also be modified to your liking. To learn more, please see the Related Articles section below.
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the window, then click the Open Object edit button.
Note: If the room gets selected first, use the Select Next Object edit button, or press the Tab key on your keyboard until the window is selected.
- On the General panel of the Window Specification dialog that opens, check the Has Raised Floor box, then specify how much you want to raise the window in the Height Raised field.
If you'd like to lower the ceiling, check the Has Lowered Ceiling box, then specify how much you want to lower the ceiling of the window in the Height Lowered field.
- On the Materials panel, select the Seat or Ceiling component, click the Select Material button, then choose your desired material from the library.
- Once all of your desired changes have been made, click OK to close the dialog.
- Create a Camera view to see the results.
Pillows, cushions, and other accessories can now be added to the window seat. These items can be found in the Home Designer Core Catalogs, as well as the additional catalogs that are located in the 3D Library. To learn more about library catalogs, please see the Related Articles section below.