July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I need a raised stage in one portion of my plan. How can I create it?
You can create a room with a raised floor to serve as a stage platform using an invisible railing.
To create a stage by defining a room
- First, launch Home Designer and Open the plan in which you would like to design a stage. In this example, a simple 20' x 30' plan is used.
- Select Build> Railing and Deck> Straight Railing from the menu, then click and drag to draw one or more railings to define the stage area.
- When the stage is defined, click the Select Objects tool and click on a railing to select it, then click the Open Object edit button to open the Railing Specification dialog.
- On the General panel, check the box beside Invisible.
- Click OK to close the dialog and apply your changes to all of the selected railings.
- Repeat this process on all of the remaining railings you created, until they are all defined as invisible.
- Use the Select Objects tool to click inside of the stage room formed by the railing to select it, then click the Open Object edit button to display the Room Specification dialog.
- On the General panel, specify your desired Floor Height value, then click OK to close the dialog and apply your change.
- To see the results, select 3D> Create Camera View> Full Camera from the menu, then click and drag a camera arrow in the direction of the stage.