July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I am attempting to match the height of my terrain with the height of my building, but I have a problem. In my drawing, the structure seems to float above or sink into the terrain.
To modify how to the terrain appears with your structure it is necessary to modify the pad elevation of the structure by using the Terrain Specification dialog.
To adjust the pad elevation
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the Terrain Perimeter, then click on the Open Object edit button to display the Terrain Specification dialog.
- On the General panel, under the Subfloor Height Above Terrain, uncheck Automatic.
In Home Designer 2015 and earlier versions, this setting was called the Building Pad.
- In the Pad Elevation field, enter a value and press OK.
The value entered is the height of the structure's building pad in relation to the terrain perimeter, as such:
- A positive value in this field will make the house rise relative to the terrain.
- A negative value will make the house sink down towards the terrain.
- Finally, select 3D> Create Camera View> Full Overview to rebuild the model and see the changes that you have applied.
With a little experimentation, you will be able to determine the best value for the Elevation field.