October 23, 2019
The information in this article applies to:
I want to create an opening or a hole to a lower floor, such as in a loft, balcony or mezzanine from my current floor but I cannot seem to make it work. How do I accomplish this task?
Creating a loft can be accomplished in Home Designer by utilizing a specialized room type called Open Below.
To create an area within a room that opens to a room below
- Define the area you wish to open to the floor below by using any combination of the various wall types.
- If you don't want any physical walls or railings, use the Room Divider tool by navigating to Build> Wall from the menu.
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the room, then click on the Open Object edit button.
- On the General panel of the Room Specification dialog that opens, select the Open Below option from the Room Type drop-down menu, then click OK.
- You should now be able to view an open area in a 3D view.