The information in this article applies to:
When I select Build> Roof> Build Roof from the menu and click OK in the dialog, no roof is created. Why is that happening and how do I fix it?
There are several reasons why a roof might not be produced in a given plan. We will discuss the most common reasons why a roof would not be generated below including room definition, structural specifications and Roof Baseline Polylines.
To verify room definition
- When walls are drawn to enclose an area, the program will recognize that area as a room.
- You should be able to click in a room in floor plan view using the Select Objects tool and select it. The room will change in color once selected and the status bar at the lower right will show Room as the current selection.
- If you cannot, there is probably a gap somewhere along the perimeter walls. Carefully examine the walls, particularly the corners, and make any adjustments needed to make sure they are properly connected.
To check structural room specifications
- If you are able to select the room or rooms in your plan, make sure that they are set to have roofs built over this room.
- With the room selected, click the Open Object edit button to display the Room Specification dialog.
- On the Structure panel, make sure there is a check beside Roof Over This Room.
To delete roof baseline polylines in Home Designer Pro
In Home Designer Pro, an unwanted Roof Baseline Polyline may prevent the roof from generating properly.
You can quickly remove any Roof Baseline Polylines from the current plan by selecting Edit> Delete Objects from the menu.
In the Delete Objects dialog, select All Floors, check the box beside Roof Baseline Polylines, click the Delete button, and then click OK. Lastly, rebuild your roof.