Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 110
How to Export a Picture FileThe information in this article applies to:
- All Home Designer programs
I created a plan and would like to save an image of it. How do I create a graphic, or picture file, such as a .bmp, .jpg or .png file?
All Home Designer Programs have the capability to export pictures as JPEG, Bitmap, PNG, or TIFF files.
To save any view of your plan as an image or graphic file
- Open the plan in question and create a 2D or 3D view that meets your needs.
- When the image on your monitor looks like what you want to save, select File> Export> Picture (BMP,JPG,PNG) from the menu. The Export Picture File dialog will display.
- In the Save in field at the top of the dialog box, click the drop-down arrow and select a location on your computer where you wish to save your work.
You may want to save your image in the same folder as your plan file.
- In the File Name field, enter a name for the picture file.
- Click the Save as type: drop-down arrow and choose a graphic file format.
- Click the Save button. The Export Picture File dialog will close and the image will be saved on your computer at the location you chose.
- Repeat this process for any other views, such as each floor of the plan, interior and exterior camera views, cross section/elevations, etc.
Last updated on: Dec 20, 2012
Looking for answers?
Answers to many how-to and technical questions can be found 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on our on-line forum, HomeTalk, located at: http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware.com/. HomeTalk is visited not only by our software users, but also by members of our training and support teams who are well-versed in using the software and happy to help you. On HomeTalk, you can discover tools and techniques to bring your design ideas to life.