The information in this article applies to:
I have upgraded from an earlier version of Home Designer, or have installed the software on a new computer. How can I transfer my User Library of custom content to my new version or computer?
If you upgraded to Version 2015 directly from Version 2014 on the same computer, and have custom library content from that version on your computer, the Migrate Library Catalogs dialog will display.
At the bottom of this dialog put a checkmark in User Catalog and click OK to have the software automatically migrate this content for you.
If you are installing the program on a new computer, or upgraded from an earlier version, you can manually migrate your User Catalog forward by first exporting it from the older version, or on the other computer.
Exporting library files allows you to:
- Back up your custom library content.
- Transfer library content between computers.
Exporting is often preferable to simply copying library files because it allows you to include images and textures in the exported library.
To export the User Catalog
- Locate an object, folder, or catalog that you want to export, right click on it, and select Export Library.
- In the Export Library Data dialog:
- Choose the appropriate Save in: location for your exported library file.
- Type a short, descriptive name for your library file in the File Name field.
- Leave the Save as type: drop down list set as the .calibz file type.
- Click Save.
- Your exported library file can now be copied to a storage device to transfer to a new computer, or you can simply import it in to the new version if using an older product installed on the same machine.
To import library files
- Exit out of the earlier version if you still have it open, then in the newer software program, from the menu select Library> Import Library to display the Import Library Data dialog.
- Browse to the .calibz file that you want to import and select the file so that its name displays in the File Name field.
- Click the Open button.
- A progress bar will display, telling you the progress of each library data file as it is imported.
Once imported, each file will be located in the User Catalog of the Library Browser.