September 29, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I need to send my plan files to a third party that is using also using Home Designer or Chief Architect. What is the proper way to do this?
To ensure that the recipient has all the textures and images you have used in your plan, the Backup Entire Plan tool should be used.
To send your plans to a Chief Architect user or Technical Support
- First, Save your plan, then select File> Backup Entire Plan .
- In the Backup Entire Plan dialog, choose to Backup All Files (Including Textures, Backdrops, and Images), then click OK.
- In the Select the Plan Backup Folder dialog, choose a location that is easy to find, such as your Desktop, then:
- If using a Windows operating system, right click and select New> Folder, give the new folder a name, and click OK. Highlight the folder and click on Select Folder in the lower right of the window.
- If using Mac OS X, select the New Folder button located in the lower left of the dialog, give the folder a descriptive name, then select Create and click on the Open button.
Wait for the export to finish, then exit out of the software, navigate to your Desktop and right-click the new folder.
- If using a Windows operating system, after right clicking, choose Send To> Compressed (zipped) folder.
- If using Max OS X, after right clicking, select Compress Items.
The resulting .zip file is now ready to be sent to another user, or submitted via the Online Support Center to our Technical Support team.
If sending your files to our Support team, please do not use any third party compression utilities in order to submit different compressed file types such as .zipx, .7z, or .rar files.