July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
Whenever I attempt to print, the Print dialog in Home Designer appears in Spanish. I would like this dialog to appear in English. How can I make this change?
When a print driver is installed in a language other than English, the print dialog in Home Designer will also appear in that language.
To make the Print dialog display in English, it is necessary to to uninstall and then reinstall the printer driver.
To uninstall the print driver
- Close your Home Designer program and any other programs that are running on your computer.
- Once all programs are closed on your computer and only Windows is running, click Start> Control Panel> Printers and Faxes.
If you are using a version of Home Designer that is supported on an older version of Windows, click Start> Settings> Control Panel> Printers and Faxes.
- In the Printers and Faxes dialog, click on the printer you are using to select it.
- Once the printer is highlighted, press the Delete key on your keyboard one time.
- After the printer driver is deleted, double-click on the Add Printer icon to start the Add Printer Wizard.
- As you go through this wizard and reinstall the printer driver that was just deleted, make sure you specify English as the preferred language.
- At the end of the Wizard, click the Finish button and launch Home Designer.
- Select File> Print> Print from the menu and try to print to the problem printer driver.
- The Print dialog should now display in English.