July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I see that there is an option to export my floor plan as a metafile. How is this done?
A Home Designer floor plan can be easily exported as a EMF, or Enhanced Windows Metafile format file.
Note: Metafiles are not supported in Mac operating systems and cannot be imported or exported in Mac versions of the software.
To export your floor plan as an EMF
- From the menu select File> Export> Metafile (EMF) .
- The cursor will now appear as a cross hair with a draw rectangle icon , so move the cursor to the upper left corner of the area to be exported.
- Click and drag the cursor diagonally from the upper left corner to the lower right corner across the area to be exported. An outline will follow the cursor and show the selected area.
- Release the mouse button to display the Export Windows Metafile dialog.
- In the top field, where it says Save In: click the drop down arrow and choose the top entry, Desktop.
- In the lower field, File Name: type a meaningful name for the file.
- Once you have entered the file name, click the Save button. The Export Windows Metafile dialog will close.
- Now you can minimize Home Designer and open the saved .emf file in another application.