April 13, 2016
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to create garage doors with windows in my plan. How can I do this?
Garage doors with windows, or lites, can be easily created using the Door Specification dialog.
Note: This article applies only to Home Designer 2014 and older. In Home Designer 2015 and newer versions, garage doors with windows are created by default, and require no additional modification.
To create a garage door with lites
- Open the plan in which you would like to create a garage door with lites.
- Select Build> Door> Garage Door from the menu, then click on an exterior wall to place a garage door at that location.
- Click on the door to select it, then click the Open Object edit button.
- On the General PANEL of the Door Specification dialog, click the drop-down arrow beside Door Style and select Glass from the list.
- On the Frames & Lites tab you can specify the number of Lites Across and Lites Vertical, as well as the Type of lites you prefer.
- As you make changes to the door, its appearance in the preview image at the right updates.
- When you are satisfied with your selection, click OK to close the dialog and apply your change.
- Select 3D> Create Camera View> Full Camera from the menu, then click and drag a camera arrow towards your new garage door to see the results.