July 16, 2015
The information in this article applies to:
I would like to create a pass-through - an opening in a wall - between the kitchen and dining area in my plan. How can I do this?
Home Designer's pass-through tool allows you to easily create an opening in a wall from one room to another.
To create a pass-through
- Select Build> Window> Pass-Through .
- Click on the wall that you want to place the pass-through in.
- Using the Select Objects tool, select the window and click the Open Object edit button to open the Window Specification dialog.
- On the General panel, set the Width, Height, and Floor to Top/Bottom values.
- On the Casing panel, you can control the casing Width and control the presence of a Sill or Apron.
- On the Shape panel, you can set the Left and Right heights to create a pass through with a custom-shaped opening.
- On the Arch panel, you can specify an arch for the top of the opening.
- On the Shutters panel, you can specify shutters.
- On the Materials panel, you can change the materials for the different components of the opening.
- And finally, on the Label panel, you can set a custom label or suppress the label entirely.